F1 2018

Rugby, Soccer, Gay New Zealand Rugby, etc

Moderators: Apexi22, OB_

Re: F1 2018

Postby xcutioner » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:02 am

What? Lost Credibility?

Where?

Oh wait. . you talking out of your ass again. . . since 2015. . .continue . . I enjoy it haha!
xcutioner
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby CS! » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:06 am

xcutioner wrote:What? Lost Credibility?

Where?

Oh wait. . you talking out of your ass again. . . since 2015. . .continue . . I enjoy it haha!

Ok. :thumbup:
CS!
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby superm@rio » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:23 am

Renault allowed it's teams a performance upgrade last week ahead of China GP.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/renault-allows-teams-unlock-more-engine-performance-1025524/?s=1

So it's safe to assume, the way STR stacked up against Renault in Bahrain, has now changed slightly.
Now we'll just have to wait until the next PU performance unlock from STR. (Which will probably be at Canada or later on)
ex - 2000 Honda Ballade 150i
ex - 1997 Honda Prelude VTiR
2000 Honda Ballade 150i
2011 Honda Accord Exclusive
superm@rio
Hot Stuff Racer
Hot Stuff Racer

Postby xcutioner » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:26 am

superm@rio wrote:Renault allowed it's teams a performance upgrade last week ahead of China GP.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/renault-allows-teams-unlock-more-engine-performance-1025524/?s=1

So it's safe to assume, the way STR stacked up against Renault in Bahrain, has now changed slightly.
Now we'll just have to wait until the next PU performance unlock from STR. (Which will probably be at Canada or later on)

Like I said the last circuits were "street types". .

We will truly see the true reflection of engine power on circuits with long straights. .. The first one being spain
xcutioner
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby superm@rio » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:27 am

And this is quoted feedback from Gasly:
Gasly said that changes made to his car between the two days not only didn't pay off, but had "a much bigger impact" than anticipated – and explained that the team didn't have the time to then make any major tweaks before qualifying.

"We made some changes and completely changed in terms of balance, it's completely opposite of yesterday, we lost all the strength of the car we had in the package, and [it's] just super tricky.

"I almost crashed in Turn 8 this morning, I almost crashed in Turn 10 as well. Just massive loss of rear grip.

"And yesterday [this] was actually our strength - good stability."

Asked to elaborate on how he was giving up laptime, he said: "Massive oversteer, traction, I have no traction.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gasly-puzzled-massive-step-back-china-toro-rosso-hartley-1026092/?s=1
ex - 2000 Honda Ballade 150i
ex - 1997 Honda Prelude VTiR
2000 Honda Ballade 150i
2011 Honda Accord Exclusive
superm@rio
Hot Stuff Racer
Hot Stuff Racer

Postby xcutioner » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:29 am

superm@rio wrote:And this is quoted feedback from Gasly:
Gasly said that changes made to his car between the two days not only didn't pay off, but had "a much bigger impact" than anticipated – and explained that the team didn't have the time to then make any major tweaks before qualifying.

"We made some changes and completely changed in terms of balance, it's completely opposite of yesterday, we lost all the strength of the car we had in the package, and [it's] just super tricky.

"I almost crashed in Turn 8 this morning, I almost crashed in Turn 10 as well. Just massive loss of rear grip.

"And yesterday [this] was actually our strength - good stability."

Asked to elaborate on how he was giving up laptime, he said: "Massive oversteer, traction, I have no traction.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gasly-puzzled-massive-step-back-china-toro-rosso-hartley-1026092/?s=1
The results speak for themselves. . paying off indeedImage

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
xcutioner
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby Dougell » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:45 am

CS! wrote:Another exciting race!

I too think RBR could have had a 1-2 finish. max needs to learn when to apply his aggression on track.
IMO, Kimi needs to out himself in a position where he cannot be used as a pawn. He seesm really ontop of his game this season, and keeps on being used to protect Seb.
Tough luck for the Mercs to loose out to the safety car again, albeit Ferrari seems to be the car to be this season.
The Renalts were impressive too. It seem the midfield battle is just as exiting as at the top. Any of the teams seem capable on any given weekend, if they decide to turn up.
McLaren seems to have decent race pace, but are nowhere in qualifying.
Force India, I don't know what's happening there.
Haas seems to also blow hot and cold.
STR seems to have got the setup all wrong. Or maybe they also struggled to get the tyres to work, and thus their setup was compromised? The PU seems to be able to hold its own with being able to have better top speeds than the Renualt.

I would love to know how much engine management is going on between teams. Is it really a true reflection of the teams, or are they chossing tracks that would suite their cars best to use higher engine modes and conserving engines at tracks they are least likely to perform well at?

true regarding Kimi, can't believe they used that strategy on him in only the 3rd race. he was also compromised already on the 1st corner when seb blocked him off but hey safety car turned things around.

damn, i love seeing that sour faced hamilton when he doesn't win. the purse rotfl

the mid-pack is really close hey and as for the rear(Williams) :omg:
Dougell
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby Nikkel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 am

Where?

Is die deng al weer uit die hok uit :mrgreen:
So Seductive

Bunta wrote:Do the right thing... Skommel before you decide though. Helps relieve tension and you think with the right head.
Nikkel
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby xcutioner » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:53 am

He wants more money to extend his contract . . I hope merc takes someone else. . he can go to a shit team like torro rosso and feel what Alonso felt for 3 years
xcutioner
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby psykes » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Where?

you smaak a time out again lol

REVENGE? NAH' I'M TOO LAZY.
I'M GONNA SIT HERE AND LET KARMA FUKC YOU UP!
psykes
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby ClintD » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:32 pm

xcutioner wrote:He wants more money to extend his contract . . I hope merc takes someone else. . he can go to a shit team like torro rosso and feel what Alonso felt for 3 years

rotfl rotfl rotfl
ClintD
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby Dougell » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Baku, should be good. expect more bumper cars
Dougell
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby CS! » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:56 pm

Dougell wrote:Baku, should be good. expect more bumper cars

Mostly definitely a race that is Ferrari's to lose.
IMO Merc's tyre's woes is a fundamental floor in the aero package. Would love to be proved wrong though.
CS!
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby xcutioner » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Like always or just this once in your mind?
xcutioner
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Previous

Return to Sports Section