schools

General Non Car Related Talk

Moderators: Apexi22, OB_

Re: schools

Postby playa4life » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:34 pm

It really is crazy how expensive schooling has become. My daughter will be going to Parel Vallei High in Somerset West next year. The fees are scaring me off big time!!!
With the eldest going to PV and the youngest being at Somerset West Primary... there really wont be lots of surplus cash for lots of luxuries sw3ar :wall: :boohoo: :thumbdown:
You are now breathing manually!
:mrgreen:
playa4life
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby SPOONEDeg9FERIO » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:53 pm

query about learnerships at schools.
SPOONEDeg9FERIO
Spood Jedi
Spood Jedi

Postby 8 valves » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:08 pm

SPOONEDeg9FERIO wrote:query about learnerships at schools.

pretty sure you mean scholarships and bursaries lol
8 valves
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby SPOONEDeg9FERIO » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:14 pm

ya same thing haha, you guys know what i mean.
SPOONEDeg9FERIO
Spood Jedi
Spood Jedi

Postby playa4life » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:19 am

The schools my kids are at/going to dont offer bursaries/scholarships...
You are now breathing manually!
:mrgreen:
playa4life
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby 8 valves » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:43 pm

playa4life wrote:The schools my kids are at/going to dont offer bursaries/scholarships...

external companies do :thumbup:
8 valves
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby SPOONEDeg9FERIO » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:06 am

I have a question or two, very personal so dont answer if you dont want to.

1- Are you putting money away for your kids tertiary education?
2- Are you going to want them to study further after high school?
SPOONEDeg9FERIO
Spood Jedi
Spood Jedi

Postby Us-Cee » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 am

SPOONEDeg9FERIO wrote:I have a question or two, very personal so dont answer if you dont want to.

1. Well, I do t believe in study policies. It's a rip off AFAIK. I'm paying extra into my bond and will use that savings to pay for their first year. They need to take loans for their further years of undergrad so that they can accept full responsibility. That's what my parents did to me and I felt it achieved the end goal.

2. The days of expecting straight forward, low demand degrees to secure you a job has come to an end. I've tasked both my sons to start with high demand trades which I will fully fund. I will then fund their first year post trade studies as indicated. They both agreed with one wanting to do electrical light current and the other wanting to pursue network engineering.
Us-Cee
Lemon and Herb Stuff
Lemon and Herb Stuff

Postby psykes » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:26 am

Us-Cee wrote:
SPOONEDeg9FERIO wrote:I have a question or two, very personal so dont answer if you dont want to.

1. Well, I do t believe in study policies. It's a rip off AFAIK. I'm paying extra into my bond and will use that savings to pay for their first year. They need to take loans for their further years of undergrad so that they can accept full responsibility. That's what my parents did to me and I felt it achieved the end goal.

2. The days of expecting straight forward, low demand degrees to secure you a job has come to an end. I've tasked both my sons to start with high demand trades which I will fully fund. I will then fund their first year post trade studies as indicated. They both agreed with one wanting to do electrical light current and the other wanting to pursue network engineering.

This l1k3 ...I keep my son motivated on this point as well. He wants to be a mechanical engineer' I asked him why and he said because he likes to know how stuff works. I would like all 3 of my sons do become skilled workers whether its a engineer or a architect or surgeon. Do something that matters

REVENGE? NAH' I'M TOO LAZY.
I'M GONNA SIT HERE AND LET KARMA FUKC YOU UP!
psykes
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby Dougell » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:29 am

psykes wrote:
Us-Cee wrote:

This l1k3 ...I keep my son motivated on this point as well. He wants to be a mechanical engineer' I asked him why and he said because he likes to know how stuff works. I would like all 3 of my sons do become skilled workers whether its a engineer or a architect or surgeon. Do something that matters

no springboks???
Dougell
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby Dougell » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:29 am

yes x2
Dougell
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby Us-Cee » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:38 am

psykes wrote:
Us-Cee wrote:

I have an additiinal motivation...
Look at any country that you would like to immigrate to. Chances are that these trades will be in demand.
My sister is in nz and have extended family in aus. I want the 2 of them to have the ability to go over and have immigration as an option.
Us-Cee
Lemon and Herb Stuff
Lemon and Herb Stuff

Postby psykes » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Us-Cee wrote:
psykes wrote:
Us-Cee wrote:

Look at any country that you would like to immigrate to. Chances are that these trades will be in demand.
My sister is in nz and have extended family in aus. I want the 2 of them to have the ability to go over and have immigration as an option.

That's not nogal one of the motivating factors I give him. I just always tell him he can be great and do anything he sets his mind two. We usually have check in sessions once a week where we sitdown and discuss whats going on in his life, any questions he would like to ask me (and believe me he is not to shy to ask lol ' (I have had to explain condoms, jinn, why do people murder etc :wall: ) but that's the trust relationship I want with my boys.

He out of his own said he wants to accomplish 3 things
-to be hafith Quran
-become an engineer
-become a springbok.
I encourage him and told him anything is possible so he must go for it. I think our people are so guilty of limiting themselves.

If your kids believe in themselves they will prosper. Plus he is wys deen comes first :mrgreen:

REVENGE? NAH' I'M TOO LAZY.
I'M GONNA SIT HERE AND LET KARMA FUKC YOU UP!
psykes
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby Us-Cee » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:30 pm

psykes wrote:
Us-Cee wrote:
psykes wrote:
Us-Cee wrote:

That's not nogal one of the motivating factors I give him. I just always tell him he can be great and do anything he sets his mind two. We usually have check in sessions once a week where we sitdown and discuss whats going on in his life, any questions he would like to ask me (and believe me he is not to shy to ask lol ' (I have had to explain condoms, jinn, why do people murder etc :wall: ) but that's the trust relationship I want with my boys.

He out of his own said he wants to accomplish 3 things
-to be hafith Quran
-become an engineer
-become a springbok.
I encourage him and told him anything is possible so he must go for it. I think our people are so guilty of limiting themselves.

If your kids believe in themselves they will prosper. Plus he is wys deen comes first :mrgreen:

Masha Allah... You are guiding him well bud!

Nah... I would like my sons to think different to the way I was raised. Being CT born lulls you into thinking that this is the only way people live. I would like for them to see the world and be appreciative of where they come from.
My sis in nz lives in the Christchurch SA Muslim enclave. Like little CT there lol
Us-Cee
Lemon and Herb Stuff
Lemon and Herb Stuff

Postby 8 valves » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:37 pm

@psykes, not just our kids believe in themselves but also see us believing in them. Thats a major help IMO and your help is already showing him you believe. Keep it up brother

@spoony, yes for 1 and 2. money being put away and definitely want her to study further. Have also showed and explained bursary's to her. Fortunately for me she fully understands how much a bursary helps and has promised to try her best to get one. She's also confirmed she'd like to be a doctor one day and is already watching and learning what doctors are about... i wish i was this focused at the age of 12 lol
8 valves
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit Chat