Food truck/trailer

General Non Car Related Talk

Moderators: Apexi22, OB_

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby Nikkel » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:10 am

evdopc wrote:I had a very different experience there.
I think it's one of the best I have eaten with regards to size and taste

That's what she said :lol:
So Seductive

Bunta wrote:Do the right thing... Skommel before you decide though. Helps relieve tension and you think with the right head.
User avatar
Nikkel
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 5544
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:36 am
Location: Mitchell's Plain

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby RATTIX » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:12 am

Nikkel wrote:
RATTIX wrote:
evdopc wrote:
playa4life wrote:It's a good business idea. Food always sells.
Getting permission from mall management to actually park and sell on their property could be an issue. Malls management have a responsibility to their tenants so they usually wont allow another business, which could take money away from their current tenants which could hamper mall management to get their rent. If that makes any sense.
Example: I wanted to rent a space in a mall. Approached mall management with my business plan and proposal. They didn't even look at the business plan. The answer was just:
We already have a tenant selling a similar product and we have a responsibility to them to ensure that they make good business which will ensure that they are able to pay rent at the end of the month.
So, even if you're prepared to pay rent for the parking space in the mall's parking, they might not want to risk the top dollar rent they are currently receiving from their inside tenants in order to give you a chance. Their thinking is, if your business does too well, and you end up ensuring that the inside tenants have to move out then they would have to find another tenant to occupy the inside space. So... it's easier for them to just say no.
But keep at it man. There are many ways to skin a cat!

I understand what you saying yes. I will do some more research regarding this and maybe the weekend I will try and make a lekker burger at home lol and work out cost etc.

Also that guy in Westridge, The Grill Father, that man must sometimes close his restaurant at 8pm on a Saturday evening because he all sold out.


Nee wat , if i wanted a jimmys sauce flavored dite i would rather eat it at home

i tried a burger and chips just for the sake of seeing what what the fuss was about.... ai ja
burger patty smaller than the roll ( diameter , i fucken hate this )
mushroom sauce was like a mayo with chopped up mushrooms
chips dried out , ate one and left the rest
and the icing .... any so called burger maker that adds a msp cucumber slice on is just grasping at a klom nwatas

[u]M/plain just has kak food places[/u] 10/10 for fact


Issie jy! KFC Westridge the best :lol:


That msp place either gives you the wrong stuff or it is not added in bag ......
Twee keer al terug ge ry
User avatar
RATTIX
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 5392
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby RATTIX » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:13 am

Nikkel wrote:
evdopc wrote:I had a very different experience there.
I think it's one of the best I have eaten with regards to size and taste

That's what she said :lol:


hahaha ...
User avatar
RATTIX
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 5392
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby Nikkel » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:14 am

RATTIX wrote:
Nikkel wrote:
RATTIX wrote:
evdopc wrote:
playa4life wrote:It's a good business idea. Food always sells.
Getting permission from mall management to actually park and sell on their property could be an issue. Malls management have a responsibility to their tenants so they usually wont allow another business, which could take money away from their current tenants which could hamper mall management to get their rent. If that makes any sense.
Example: I wanted to rent a space in a mall. Approached mall management with my business plan and proposal. They didn't even look at the business plan. The answer was just:
We already have a tenant selling a similar product and we have a responsibility to them to ensure that they make good business which will ensure that they are able to pay rent at the end of the month.
So, even if you're prepared to pay rent for the parking space in the mall's parking, they might not want to risk the top dollar rent they are currently receiving from their inside tenants in order to give you a chance. Their thinking is, if your business does too well, and you end up ensuring that the inside tenants have to move out then they would have to find another tenant to occupy the inside space. So... it's easier for them to just say no.
But keep at it man. There are many ways to skin a cat!

I understand what you saying yes. I will do some more research regarding this and maybe the weekend I will try and make a lekker burger at home lol and work out cost etc.

Also that guy in Westridge, The Grill Father, that man must sometimes close his restaurant at 8pm on a Saturday evening because he all sold out.


Nee wat , if i wanted a jimmys sauce flavored dite i would rather eat it at home

i tried a burger and chips just for the sake of seeing what what the fuss was about.... ai ja
burger patty smaller than the roll ( diameter , i fucken hate this )
mushroom sauce was like a mayo with chopped up mushrooms
chips dried out , ate one and left the rest
and the icing .... any so called burger maker that adds a msp cucumber slice on is just grasping at a klom nwatas

[u]M/plain just has kak food places[/u] 10/10 for fact


Issie jy! KFC Westridge the best :lol:


That msp place either gives you the wrong stuff or it is not added in bag ......
Twee keer al terug ge ry

Ek dink jy issie probleem by kos plekke man... van fokol mayo tot verkeerde orders... smile next time as jy order :lol:
So Seductive

Bunta wrote:Do the right thing... Skommel before you decide though. Helps relieve tension and you think with the right head.
User avatar
Nikkel
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 5544
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:36 am
Location: Mitchell's Plain

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby psykes » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:38 am

Nikkel wrote:

Ek dink jy issie probleem by kos plekke man... van fokol mayo tot verkeerde orders... smile next time as jy order :lol:[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

REVENGE? NAH' I'M TOO LAZY.
I'M GONNA SIT HERE AND LET KARMA FUKC YOU UP!
psykes
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 14131
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 pm
Location: Plain toe

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby RATTIX » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:15 am

hahaha , fok julle man
User avatar
RATTIX
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 5392
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby DJTY » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:40 am

RATTIX wrote:hahaha , fok julle man


:lol: :lol:

#mayo
Current:
'00 Civic B16 - OEM
'09 Toyota Corolla 1.8 Executive - OMP
User avatar
DJTY
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 14963
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:11 am

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby 8 valves » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:42 am

for those in kensington area. Hurricane street, double story opposite the church. Fridays/weekends he sells dite... Ribs are gevaarlik!!
8 valves
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 6797
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:15 am

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby DJTY » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:43 am

8 valves wrote:for those in kensington area. Hurricane street, double story opposite the church. Fridays/weekends he sells dite... Ribs are gevaarlik!!


l1k3
Current:
'00 Civic B16 - OEM
'09 Toyota Corolla 1.8 Executive - OMP
User avatar
DJTY
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 14963
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:11 am

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby Shiverz » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:53 am

8 valves wrote:for those in kensington area. Hurricane street, double story opposite the church. Fridays/weekends he sells dite... Ribs are gevaarlik!!


what the place's name ? facebook or instagram name? Halal? been looking to decent home based food places near me.
Shiverz
Lemon and Herb Stuff
Lemon and Herb Stuff
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:30 am

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby 8 valves » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:33 am

Forgot the name. Not halaal though
8 valves
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 6797
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:15 am

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby Us-Cee » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:07 pm

8 valves wrote:Forgot the name. Not halaal though


To be truly successful in CT with a food business, then you have to be Halaal... no brainer. Te veel Pankies!
User avatar
Us-Cee
Lemon and Herb Stuff
Lemon and Herb Stuff
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby RATTIX » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Us-Cee wrote:
8 valves wrote:Forgot the name. Not halaal though


To be truly successful in CT with a food business, then you have to be Halaal... no brainer. Te veel Pankies!


#DONTAGREE

Introduce the pankies to pork :thumbup:
User avatar
RATTIX
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 5392
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby Us-Cee » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:37 pm

RATTIX wrote:
Us-Cee wrote:
8 valves wrote:Forgot the name. Not halaal though


To be truly successful in CT with a food business, then you have to be Halaal... no brainer. Te veel Pankies!


#DONTAGREE

Introduce the pankies to pork :thumbup:


It's a shitload easier to get a pankie to drink than to eat pork #VOMMIT
Image Image
User avatar
Us-Cee
Lemon and Herb Stuff
Lemon and Herb Stuff
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: Food truck/trailer

Postby 20V_LOVER » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:06 pm

evdopc wrote:Is there anyone on the forum who owns one? And how is business?
Been seeing a few for sale on Gumtree which are not badly priced and includes everything.

Will this business work on weekends?



Salute moes know the DBoy will be a the top seller make vas :cool: :mrgreen:
Current
MAZDA CX-3 individual AKA DAK TAKER
Black 2006 Accord Type S14.2 fulltrim
EX
FORD CORTINA 2l moded
OPEL CORSA 16008v KENJI,MO,TDKILLER
Toyota Tazz best car ever stolen
Honda CIVIC VTEC 2000 skunk2
Hyundai i30
GOLF7
FNSNOB 13.67 @ who cares
20V_LOVER
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron