Page 3 of 6

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:15 am
by Sumo
DJTY wrote:
psykes wrote:
DJTY wrote:
Larry wrote:i've actually been hunting one for a while so i know they been selling quick. as soon as i can find one that isn't sold i'll go drive it.


Mitsubishi Lancer. They're going for cheap now as the market is flooded with them! (Note: Not the Evo)

NEW SPEC:
https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 0934807209

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 0439448009

OLD SPEC:
https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 0200301109

These cars only appeal to me in EVO guise. The regular ones are too boring like an Almera


I know bud. But.. it's a good platform for some nice work. And, they're overlooked and dirt cheap. I mean, R60 000 for the latest Lancer shape is a very good price for a lot of car.

I might I drive a 140 RunX but damn, its difficult sleeping at night knowing people are out there driving these non Evo Lancers.

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:19 am
by DJTY
Sumo wrote:
DJTY wrote:
psykes wrote:
DJTY wrote:
Larry wrote:i've actually been hunting one for a while so i know they been selling quick. as soon as i can find one that isn't sold i'll go drive it.


Mitsubishi Lancer. They're going for cheap now as the market is flooded with them! (Note: Not the Evo)

NEW SPEC:
https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 0934807209

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 0439448009

OLD SPEC:
https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 0200301109

These cars only appeal to me in EVO guise. The regular ones are too boring like an Almera


I know bud. But.. it's a good platform for some nice work. And, they're overlooked and dirt cheap. I mean, R60 000 for the latest Lancer shape is a very good price for a lot of car.

I might I drive a 140 RunX but damn, its difficult sleeping at night knowing people are out there driving these non Evo Lancers.


It's a sales rep's car! :lol:

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:57 am
by State187
Some good suggestions here. I especially like the prospect of an MX5 or MR2 as a project / weekend car. There's of course always VTEC or SR options if you willing to find one and be typical.

The lancer's are good value but wouldn't call the >2007 shape a good base for a project car due to weight and limited options locally.

Personally, I would look at an IS200 or Forester XT (2.5 Turbo) in the 60k range.

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:01 am
by DJTY
State187 wrote:Personally, I would look at an IS200 or Forester XT (2.5 Turbo) in the 60k range.


Two GREAT options!

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:34 am
by DJTY

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:38 am
by Dougell
DJTY wrote:THE ORIGINAL WIDOW MAKER: (UNO TURBO) For less than R60 000, so you'll have change to fix it... often.

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 0954582609

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 0050302709

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 1119946109


rotfl rotfl rotfl

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:46 am
by DJTY

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:51 am
by DJ7
DJTY wrote:THE ORIGINAL WIDOW MAKER: (UNO TURBO) For less than R60 000, so you'll have change to fix it... often.

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 0954582609

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 0050302709

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkie ... 1119946109


Don't forget to buy a coffin when buying the Uno.

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:45 am
by DJTY
Larry wrote:What are my options for about 60k.

I was looking at a nissan 1400 bakkie but would like to know what else i can get in that price range?
Dankie


Have you considered a bike? Trust me, it's tons of fun and there's so many great bikes for R60 000

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:01 pm
by Dougell
Sumo wrote:I might I drive a 140 RunX but damn, its difficult sleeping at night knowing people are out there driving these non Evo Lancers.


my bru, you rubbing up to aunty pat????

sumo.png

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:25 pm
by Sumo
Dougell wrote:
Sumo wrote:I might I drive a 140 RunX but damn, its difficult sleeping at night knowing people are out there driving these non Evo Lancers.


my bru, you rubbing up to aunty pat????

sumo.png

Thats Babyvoora :lol:

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:47 pm
by psykes
Is that a vark sling purse? :confused: .....let me get Israel Folau to msg you quick

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:10 pm
by DJTY
:lol:

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:09 am
by Larry
DJTY wrote:
Larry wrote:What are my options for about 60k.

I was looking at a nissan 1400 bakkie but would like to know what else i can get in that price range?
Dankie


Have you considered a bike? Trust me, it's tons of fun and there's so many great bikes for R60 000


I have yes. wife not too keen on it but i really want to get a bike.
What is the going price for the 180vxi? ja ja i know its an old mans car but i can get one with really low milage... Not for 60k though but its very low milage for a 2011. 28000km on the clock.

Re: What to get for about 60k

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:16 am
by DJTY
Larry wrote:
DJTY wrote:
Larry wrote:What are my options for about 60k.

I was looking at a nissan 1400 bakkie but would like to know what else i can get in that price range?
Dankie


Have you considered a bike? Trust me, it's tons of fun and there's so many great bikes for R60 000


I have yes. wife not too keen on it but i really want to get a bike.
What is the going price for the 180vxi? ja ja i know its an old mans car but i can get one with really low milage... Not for 60k though but its very low milage for a 2011. 28000km on the clock.


bro! Old man's cars are brilliant. They're feature packed and un-abused. 28000km is nothing.