F1 2019

Rugby, Soccer, Gay New Zealand Rugby, etc

Moderators: Apexi22, OB_

Re: F1 2019

Postby Dougell » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:49 pm

D-Boy!! wrote:Ferrari's pace looking good again in FP. Let's hope they have reliability on their side.

Bottas beard really did wonders :lol:

Keen to see where RB will place this weekend Evilyes or should I say Max, as Gasly is just k@k bbmhof


True hey, Gasly showed promise last season in the TR but he's nowhere in RB.

Williams bbmhof
2014 Sandero 0.9T Dynamique
ex: 2001 Sentra 140GXi
User avatar
Dougell
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 18397
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: F1 2019

Postby D-Boy!! » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:52 am

A bit of a boring race. Silver arrows running away with it. Ferrari nowhere again.

I'm just glad Max split them :mrgreen:

Albon :bravo:
2007 Honda S2000
User avatar
D-Boy!!
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 am

Re: F1 2019

Postby Dougell » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:42 am

D-Boy!! wrote:A bit of a boring race. Silver arrows running away with it. Ferrari nowhere again.

I'm just glad Max split them :mrgreen:

Albon :bravo:


Ferarri made the wrong decision to let Vettel through on Le Clerc, he wasn't even faster once he was passed
Bottas, disappointing. unable to take the fight to hamilton
2014 Sandero 0.9T Dynamique
ex: 2001 Sentra 140GXi
User avatar
Dougell
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 18397
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: F1 2019

Postby D-Boy!! » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:55 am

Dougell wrote:
D-Boy!! wrote:A bit of a boring race. Silver arrows running away with it. Ferrari nowhere again.

I'm just glad Max split them :mrgreen:

Albon :bravo:


Ferarri made the wrong decision to let Vettel through on Le Clerc, he wasn't even faster once he was passed
Bottas, disappointing. unable to take the fight to hamilton


Merc's 2nd pitstop strategy though :bravo:
2007 Honda S2000
User avatar
D-Boy!!
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 am

Re: F1 2019

Postby Dougell » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:57 am

D-Boy!! wrote:
Dougell wrote:
D-Boy!! wrote:A bit of a boring race. Silver arrows running away with it. Ferrari nowhere again.

I'm just glad Max split them :mrgreen:

Albon :bravo:


Ferarri made the wrong decision to let Vettel through on Le Clerc, he wasn't even faster once he was passed
Bottas, disappointing. unable to take the fight to hamilton


Merc's 2nd pitstop strategy though :bravo:


Do you think they needed to pit? I know they were covering in the event of a safety car
2014 Sandero 0.9T Dynamique
ex: 2001 Sentra 140GXi
User avatar
Dougell
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 18397
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: F1 2019

Postby CS! » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 am

I agree
The race was a let down from the last race.

Bottas needs to stop making excuses and get stuck in, if he wants to keep his seat for next year. I am of the opinion that Ocon, will fill the seat though. So maybe Bottas, should make himself marketable to other teams, through his ability to take it to LH.

Ferrari's strategy could have worked if they released Vettel sooner. By the time they made the decision Vettel had lost the best use of his tyres, struggling to get past Leclerc. They were too focused on 'trying' to get among the Mercs, when they should have been looking at securing 3rd and 4th for maximising their race.

It seems Max is able to drive around issues, and it's showing up Gasly's inexperience. hopefully the upgrades allow the car to be more derivable out of teh corners ( where Gasly is struggling), and he can show his true potential.

Very impressed with the maturity that Albon is showing.
Last edited by CS! on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
CS!
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 3285
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:09 pm
Location: Cape Town

Re: F1 2019

Postby DJ7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am

Dougell wrote:
D-Boy!! wrote:A bit of a boring race. Silver arrows running away with it. Ferrari nowhere again.

I'm just glad Max split them :mrgreen:

Albon :bravo:


Ferarri made the wrong decision to let Vettel through on Le Clerc, he wasn't even faster once he was passed
Bottas, disappointing. unable to take the fight to hamilton


Completely. Le Clerc has looked better than Vettel.
Current: '05 VW Golf 5 2.0 TDI Sportline
Ex: '97 Astra Estate 200i
'00 Corsa 200 GSI
'96 Astra 200i E
'02 Corsa 160 GSI
'93 Ballade 160e
'95 Astra 200i E
User avatar
DJ7
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 3723
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: F1 2019

Postby D-Boy!! » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Dougell wrote:
D-Boy!! wrote:
Dougell wrote:
D-Boy!! wrote:A bit of a boring race. Silver arrows running away with it. Ferrari nowhere again.

I'm just glad Max split them :mrgreen:

Albon :bravo:


Ferarri made the wrong decision to let Vettel through on Le Clerc, he wasn't even faster once he was passed
Bottas, disappointing. unable to take the fight to hamilton


Merc's 2nd pitstop strategy though :bravo:


Do you think they needed to pit? I know they were covering in the event of a safety car


I think it was the safe option yes, for the following reasons:

1. They might've struggled with grip towards the end of the race on the 2nd set.

2. In the event of a safety car, they could've been under pressure, depending on the circumstances.
2007 Honda S2000
User avatar
D-Boy!!
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 am

Re: F1 2019

Postby D-Boy!! » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:25 pm

CS! wrote:I agree
The race was a let down from the last race.

Bottas needs to stop making excuses and get stuck in, if he wants to keep his seat for next year. I am of the opinion that Ocon, will fill the seat though. So maybe Bottas, should make himself marketable to other teams, through his ability to take it to LH.

Ferrari's strategy could have worked if they released Vettel sooner. By the time they made the decision Vettel had lost the best use of his tyres, struggling to get past Leclerc. They were too focused on 'trying' to get among the Mercs, when they should have been looking at securing 3rd and 4th for maximising their race.

It seems Max is able to drive around issues, and it's showing up Gasly's inexperience. hopefully the upgrades allow the car to be more derivable out of teh corners ( where Gasly is struggling), and he can show his true potential.

Very impressed with the maturity that Albon is showing.


@gree RB is currently too far off ito downforce. Horner alluded to some upgrades so let's see.
2007 Honda S2000
User avatar
D-Boy!!
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 am

Re: F1 2019

Postby Dougell » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:37 pm

D-Boy!! wrote:
CS! wrote:I agree
The race was a let down from the last race.

Bottas needs to stop making excuses and get stuck in, if he wants to keep his seat for next year. I am of the opinion that Ocon, will fill the seat though. So maybe Bottas, should make himself marketable to other teams, through his ability to take it to LH.

Ferrari's strategy could have worked if they released Vettel sooner. By the time they made the decision Vettel had lost the best use of his tyres, struggling to get past Leclerc. They were too focused on 'trying' to get among the Mercs, when they should have been looking at securing 3rd and 4th for maximising their race.

It seems Max is able to drive around issues, and it's showing up Gasly's inexperience. hopefully the upgrades allow the car to be more derivable out of teh corners ( where Gasly is struggling), and he can show his true potential.

Very impressed with the maturity that Albon is showing.


@gree RB is currently too far off ito downforce. Horner alluded to some upgrades so let's see.


All the teams are expecting upgrades, RB would need to find something huge to compete.

Why the F can't renault produce a competitive car?
2014 Sandero 0.9T Dynamique
ex: 2001 Sentra 140GXi
User avatar
Dougell
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 18397
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: F1 2019

Postby phat55 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:26 am

Merc & the rest of the paddock is doing a stellar job of constantly talking up Ferrari's pace yet 3 races in it's THREE one-two finishes for Merc bram

Ferrari need to get their fingers out their arses :roll:
:twisted: HOTSTUFF RACING :twisted:
User avatar
phat55
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 4623
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:55 am
Location: retired.......

Re: F1 2019

Postby DJ7 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 pm

phat55 wrote:Merc & the rest of the paddock is doing a stellar job of constantly talking up Ferrari's pace yet 3 races in it's THREE one-two finishes for Merc bram

Ferrari need to get their fingers out their arses :roll:


Merc definitely aren't as fast as the Ferrari's, but they reliable and consistent and the strategy is better. That is what is bringing the 1-2 finishes.
Current: '05 VW Golf 5 2.0 TDI Sportline
Ex: '97 Astra Estate 200i
'00 Corsa 200 GSI
'96 Astra 200i E
'02 Corsa 160 GSI
'93 Ballade 160e
'95 Astra 200i E
User avatar
DJ7
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 3723
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: F1 2019

Postby Dougell » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:55 am

2014 Sandero 0.9T Dynamique
ex: 2001 Sentra 140GXi
User avatar
Dougell
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 18397
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: F1 2019

Postby Dougell » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:11 pm

2014 Sandero 0.9T Dynamique
ex: 2001 Sentra 140GXi
User avatar
Dougell
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 18397
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: F1 2019

Postby D-Boy!! » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:55 pm

Hahaha roflfail
2007 Honda S2000
User avatar
D-Boy!!
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 am

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Section

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron