#MenAreTrash

General Non Car Related Talk

Moderators: Apexi22, OB_

#MenAreTrash

Postby Alpha_H » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:07 pm

This forum is gevrek, it is gonna die? is everyone all grown up now? :razz:

So this movement has blown up and gone viral. Statuses, posts, essays, memes & the julle trash talk everywhere across all social media sites.. twitter, insta, fb you name it. What do you people have to say?
Playa25 wrote:I don't hide in holes I fuck it so be careful that I don't fuck you, it would be a shame to get raped hey and trust me mense become suicidal after such a traumatic experience ...
Alpha_H
Lemon and Herb Stuff
Lemon and Herb Stuff

Re: #MenAreTrash

Postby Dougell » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:11 pm

I am a little surprised that this hasn't cropped up yet...
Or maybe all the men are too scared to say anything for fear of being lynched.
Now obviously this forum is 99% male dominated and so this thread is likely to only head in one direction, but I feel its worth the discussion.

No woman or child should ever feel persecuted or scared and I am glad that women are taking a stand and using it to tackle a major issue in this country. If even one man thinks differently it will be a success.

However...

Femicide and #MenAreTrash is over the top, mob mentality fear mongering.

We dont have a gender based violence issue in this country, we have a violence based violence issue.
Rooted in a lack of education and culture in a country with zero consequences.

Femicide is defined as the killing of a women BECAUSE and only BECAUSE she is a woman.
In this country a woman is killed in 4 hours, while a man is killed every 30min.
The number of male murder victims is 8 times higher than those of women.
I will say it again, we don't have gender based violence problem, we have a violence problem full stop.

The radio has been on a 24hr a day crusade with women callers talking about how terrified they are in every moment of their lives. Do women really feel like this? My wife says she doesnt, she may be weary/afraid of certain men while walking down long street, but hell so am I.

#MenAreTrash . No men are human, just like women and as such we are fallible.

Now in no way do I mean that gives a man reason to act inappropriately towards a woman.
It means that sometimes we might look at an attractive woman while in public, maybe it makes her feel scared,
that does not mean we are trash, it means we are human. Can we be more conscious about our actions, absolutely.
But calling all men trash serves no purpose other than as a weapon which causes derision; splitting people instead of uniting them.

Some men are trash, as are some women, but all #CriminalsAreTrash

We all need to stand together if we hope to make a change in this country.
2014 Sandero 0.9T Dynamique
ex: 2001 Sentra 140GXi
Dougell
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby Alpha_H » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:19 pm

nice post :thumbup: , I think some or maybe all of the ouens on this forum is 'scared' to post or start a discussion.
Playa25 wrote:I don't hide in holes I fuck it so be careful that I don't fuck you, it would be a shame to get raped hey and trust me mense become suicidal after such a traumatic experience ...
Alpha_H
Lemon and Herb Stuff
Lemon and Herb Stuff

Postby Sumo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:30 pm

Dougell just said everything anyone needs to say.

Thread can ma die now. lol
Sumo
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby State187 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:38 pm

I know dougell didn't type all that lol
State187
Hot Stuff Addict
Hot Stuff Addict

Postby SPOONEDeg9FERIO » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:39 pm

i personally dont think it has anything to do with lack of education.

educated people rape too. educated people or fucked up people too.
i think the lack of morals is what many of our issues boil down to. I say this because everyday in traffic you will find people throwing shit out their car windows ,that might be trivial but if we reprimand someone dong that they will think twice about doing it again (we hope) and doing worse things will be unthinkable.

end of the day it starts at home, no hashtag supposed to make you a better person.
SPOONEDeg9FERIO
Spood Jedi
Spood Jedi

Postby WPc20xe » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:42 pm

SPOONEDeg9FERIO wrote:i personally dont think it has anything to do with lack of education.

i think the lack of morals is what many of our issues boil down to. I say this because everyday in traffic you will find people throwing shit out their car windows ,that might be trivial but if we reprimand someone dong that they will think twice about doing it again (we hope) and doing worse things will be unthinkable.

end of the day it starts at home, no hashtag supposed to make you a better person.

Lack religion in communities is the problem.
WPc20xe
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby DJTY » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:50 pm

Chester Williams is trash.
State187 wrote:What's your FB name?

Current:
'00 Civic B16 - OEM+
'09 Toyota Corolla
DJTY
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby Dougell » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:56 pm

SPOONEDeg9FERIO wrote:i personally dont think it has anything to do with lack of education.

I agree to your statement too Robyn, i mean that rich guy from twizza drinks he killed his wife(surely he is well educated) apparently the guy who chopped the lady in her flat was a university student.
2014 Sandero 0.9T Dynamique
ex: 2001 Sentra 140GXi
Dougell
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby DJTY » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:02 pm

Dougell wrote:

I agree to your statement too Robyn, i mean that rich guy from twizza drinks he killed his wife(surely he is well educated) apparently the guy who chopped the lady in her flat was a university student.

The majority of serial killers (not mass murderers) are highly educated individuals.
State187 wrote:What's your FB name?

Current:
'00 Civic B16 - OEM+
'09 Toyota Corolla
DJTY
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby seven75 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:53 pm

is there still a special section :think: dunno
Ex : 1997 Civic 160i
seven75
Lemon and Herb Stuff
Lemon and Herb Stuff

Postby 8 valves » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:16 pm

So some of the forum members here know that my voice is regularly heard on the radio. I gave my opinion (same as dougell said) to a presenter and he asked me to go in depth with him off air. After the discussion he agreed and I asked him why I'm not allowed to share it on air... he then mentioned that we need to keep it about women because it was a sensitive topic and the time was not right.

Myself and Iemie (life with Iemie) were shooting a video to bring across an awareness message with some humour on the side. .. he was then scared to post it as he said he feared losing followers in this sensitive time.

I too did not realise that women felt it as bad as was confirmed last week... however I've always been aware as my wife deals with these issues and has workshops regularly. So yes I feel kak as a man who didn't realise how bad it is. However the pledges on radio is a klomp kak. Let's tackle crime not only with police but as communities and I guarantee "femicide" will decrease as well.
8 valves
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby Playa25 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:25 am

ok so I think some are sitting the pot miss when it says gender based violence,

why I this is because:

if men are killed every 30 min, is this due to gang related or just general

if we should focus on men, are they being raped and killed by females ?

so before yall want to jump on your ponies and wait till vtec kick in YO, think for a moment first,

Yes females can cause the julle kak in ones life purely because they are female and law and order will give them the benefit of the doubt without blinking an eye, that is what needs to change in this country and everywhere else, if females praise for equal rights then they should to not be favoured purely because they are female, now please don't get me wrong as im speaking very high level, but if you have any intellect you will comprehend what im saying.

Moral of the story is, raping anyone is a Fuckking Hell NOOO, let alone abusing or assaulting any female and child...
Playa25
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Postby M@ximus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:18 am

Playa25 wrote:ok so I think some are sitting the pot miss when it says gender based violence,

why I this is because:

so before yall want to jump on your ponies and wait till vtec kick in YO, think for a moment first,

Yes females can cause the julle kak in ones life purely because they are female and law and order will give them the benefit of the doubt without blinking an eye, that is what needs to change in this country and everywhere else, if females praise for equal rights then they should to not be favoured purely because they are female, now please don't get me wrong as im speaking very high level, but if you have any intellect you will comprehend what im saying.

Moral of the story is, raping anyone is a Fuckking Hell NOOO, let alone abusing or assaulting any female and child...

Nicely summed up bru, I am in agreement with this, and with the rest of what other other gents it's a kak issue, SA is a lawless country and it filters from top down and bottom up.
M@ximus
Hot Stuff Racer
Hot Stuff Racer

Postby psykes » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Playa25 wrote:ok so I think some are sitting the pot miss when it says gender based violence,

why I this is because:

I agree

REVENGE? NAH' I'M TOO LAZY.
I'M GONNA SIT HERE AND LET KARMA FUKC YOU UP!
psykes
Huis Kind
Huis Kind

Next

Return to General Chit Chat