Lockdown plans

General Non Car Related Talk

Moderators: Apexi22, OB_

Lockdown plans

Postby DJ7 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:35 pm

Seeing as it seems as though the lockdown might continue for quite some time, let's see what everyone is busy with during this time.

1. Sorted out the noise I had on Golf (Was a faulty brake caliper)
2. Fitted GTI steering wheel and rear head rests to Golf as well as had wheel alignment done
3. Been playing a bit more Xbox and watching a hell of a lot of Netflix
4. Got replacement carb for 1400 bakkie that I still need to fit.
Current: '05 VW Golf 5 2.0 TDI Sportline
Project: '83 Datsun 1400 Sunny
Ex: '97 Astra Estate 200i
'00 Corsa 200 GSI
'96 Astra 200i E
'02 Corsa 160 GSI
'93 Ballade 160e
'95 Astra 200i E
User avatar
DJ7
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 3901
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby DJ7 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:42 pm

Forgot about this:

4. Had garage door motor installed
5. Having garage door springs replaced
6. Car service as well as gearbox service (Thursday)
7. Install GTI front seats as well as boost gauge (Also hoping to do this Thursday)
Current: '05 VW Golf 5 2.0 TDI Sportline
Project: '83 Datsun 1400 Sunny
Ex: '97 Astra Estate 200i
'00 Corsa 200 GSI
'96 Astra 200i E
'02 Corsa 160 GSI
'93 Ballade 160e
'95 Astra 200i E
User avatar
DJ7
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 3901
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby psykes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:12 pm

DJ7 wrote:Forgot about this:

4. Had garage door motor installed
5. Having garage door springs replaced
6. Car service as well as gearbox service (Thursday)
7. Install GTI front seats as well as boost gauge (Also hoping to do this Thursday)


You been busy bru lol... I tiled my garage and setup lighting.. Doing some odd projects in and around the house
Image

REVENGE? NAH' I'M TOO LAZY.
I'M GONNA SIT HERE AND LET KARMA FUKC YOU UP!
psykes
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 14614
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 pm
Location: Plain toe

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby DJ7 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:23 pm

psykes wrote:
DJ7 wrote:Forgot about this:

4. Had garage door motor installed
5. Having garage door springs replaced
6. Car service as well as gearbox service (Thursday)
7. Install GTI front seats as well as boost gauge (Also hoping to do this Thursday)


You been busy bru lol... I tiled my garage and setup lighting.. Doing some odd projects in and around the house
Coz if I didn't keep myself busy, I would probably lose my mind. So it is probably for the best.

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk
Current: '05 VW Golf 5 2.0 TDI Sportline
Project: '83 Datsun 1400 Sunny
Ex: '97 Astra Estate 200i
'00 Corsa 200 GSI
'96 Astra 200i E
'02 Corsa 160 GSI
'93 Ballade 160e
'95 Astra 200i E
User avatar
DJ7
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 3901
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby M@ximus » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:11 am

I have been playing Dota :-)
M@ximus
Hot Stuff Racer
Hot Stuff Racer
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:49 am

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby DJ7 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:40 am

M@ximus wrote:I have been playing Dota :-)


I smaak to buy a cheapish pc just to play Dota 2.
Current: '05 VW Golf 5 2.0 TDI Sportline
Project: '83 Datsun 1400 Sunny
Ex: '97 Astra Estate 200i
'00 Corsa 200 GSI
'96 Astra 200i E
'02 Corsa 160 GSI
'93 Ballade 160e
'95 Astra 200i E
User avatar
DJ7
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 3901
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby Dougell » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:19 am

let's see this sunny project
2014 Sandero 0.9T Dynamique
ex: 2001 Sentra 140GXi
User avatar
Dougell
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 18810
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby DJ7 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:47 am

Dougell wrote:let's see this sunny project
Will post pics of it maybe a bit later on.

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk
Current: '05 VW Golf 5 2.0 TDI Sportline
Project: '83 Datsun 1400 Sunny
Ex: '97 Astra Estate 200i
'00 Corsa 200 GSI
'96 Astra 200i E
'02 Corsa 160 GSI
'93 Ballade 160e
'95 Astra 200i E
User avatar
DJ7
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 3901
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby 8 valves » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:56 am

I’ve been vrekking. Was my grandmothers 80th yesterday. They made a banner which was hung outside on the balcony, had her sit in the middle of the road while all the neighbors stood outside their houses singing happy birthday to her. She loves it more than the massive party she initially planned to have before lockdown took over
8 valves
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 7106
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:15 am

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby Nikkel » Fri May 01, 2020 6:06 am

8 valves wrote:I’ve been vrekking. Was my grandmothers 80th yesterday. They made a banner which was hung outside on the balcony, had her sit in the middle of the road while all the neighbors stood outside their houses singing happy birthday to her. She loves it more than the massive party she initially planned to have before lockdown took over
Happy Birthday Maaaaaaaaa!



Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
So Seductive

Bunta wrote:Do the right thing... Skommel before you decide though. Helps relieve tension and you think with the right head.
User avatar
Nikkel
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 5938
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:36 am
Location: Mitchell's Plain

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby 8 valves » Fri May 01, 2020 9:48 am

Nikkel wrote:
8 valves wrote:I’ve been vrekking. Was my grandmothers 80th yesterday. They made a banner which was hung outside on the balcony, had her sit in the middle of the road while all the neighbors stood outside their houses singing happy birthday to her. She loves it more than the massive party she initially planned to have before lockdown took over
Happy Birthday Maaaaaaaaa!



Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk


Lmimp... the snoek bakkie came pass and one bra shouted that
8 valves
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 7106
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:15 am

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby DJ7 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:19 am

DJ7 wrote:Forgot about this:

5. Had garage door motor installed
6. Having garage door springs replaced
7. Car service as well as gearbox service (Thursday)
8. Install GTI front seats as well as boost gauge (Also hoping to do this Thursday)


6 was done as well as the wires that connects to springs.
7 was also done, so most of the work with the Golf is done.
8 was not done, some how I forgot that the front seats need to be recovered before I can fit them and to do the boost gauge properly, I might have to tap into the intake to install it there. So decided to leave those things for a later date and just be happy with the car as is now.

9. Deciding on if I should buy me 2 jack stands to then remove the bakkies gearbox to take it away to be redone.
Current: '05 VW Golf 5 2.0 TDI Sportline
Project: '83 Datsun 1400 Sunny
Ex: '97 Astra Estate 200i
'00 Corsa 200 GSI
'96 Astra 200i E
'02 Corsa 160 GSI
'93 Ballade 160e
'95 Astra 200i E
User avatar
DJ7
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 3901
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby State187 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:33 pm

I must still finish my loadshedding back up installation. Bought a 12v backup cctv psu to power the router and light in each room. Lights fitted, just need buy the cable. Don't really smaak to crawl in the roof and lay all that cable but diy mos
State187
Hot Stuff Addict
Hot Stuff Addict
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:51 am

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby phat55 » Tue May 05, 2020 9:18 am

State187 wrote:I must still finish my loadshedding back up installation. Bought a 12v backup cctv psu to power the router and light in each room. Lights fitted, just need buy the cable. Don't really smaak to crawl in the roof and lay all that cable but diy mos


which one did you go with & price? I'm in need of a 12v buzz to power my router as well
Previously on Lost....
User avatar
phat55
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 4700
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:55 am
Location: retired.......

Re: Lockdown plans

Postby 8 valves » Tue May 05, 2020 9:35 am

phat55 wrote:
State187 wrote:I must still finish my loadshedding back up installation. Bought a 12v backup cctv psu to power the router and light in each room. Lights fitted, just need buy the cable. Don't really smaak to crawl in the roof and lay all that cable but diy mos


which one did you go with & price? I'm in need of a 12v buzz to power my router as well

Kan mos lankal gephone het.
I think the cheapest is the centurion one and it works. There was a bit of a struggle with batteries a few weeks ago but that might be sorted now.
Also you need to get the dc jacks, alternatively just chop them off your existing plug and connect to the battery.

Other option for routers are the mini ups. They come with the correct plugs and no cutting or fixing needed, simple plug and play. I’ve currently got my ONT, main router and 2nd router upstairs running off these. The prices have however gone up quite a bit when we had loadshedding. Literally went up to double
8 valves
Huis Kind
Huis Kind
 
Posts: 7106
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:15 am

Next

Return to General Chit Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron